Question about exercise!!

OK so my son is 4 years old now. I've been living with a pouch that i can't get rid of. If i do crunches or sit ups every morning and night and in between (if i can) will that help to get rid of it? Is that the best way. I dont want to do extreme exercising because i will be doing this when family is sleeping. Please give me some advice. And if there is any way to lose weight in the chest area i would love to know. thanks, Krysti

MyAngelNick06

Asked by MyAngelNick06 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You can do crunches til the cows come home but unless you do cardio you will have abs of steal under a layer of flab. You have to do cardio, bottom line. And cardio will help you lose weight all over, including the chest IF your body is so inclined. Some women NEVER lose weight in that area and others completely deflate the chest before losing anywhere else. you really can't control it. Your best bet is to do a combo of cardio and strength training.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Unfortunately we can't pick and choose where we want to lose fat or do specific exercises to get rid of fat. So in order to lose weight you will need to do some sort of cardio, resistance training and reduce your calorie intake. The only thing ab work without cardio/reduced calorie diet will do is build muscle under your fat. So in order to see the results, you must get rid of the fat.

I have recently discovered interval training and I'm seeing results. Try for 3 times a day at 10 minutes each. I will do 20 fast jumping jacks and then I will do 10 pushups, 20 jumping jacks and then 20 walking lunges, 20 jumping jacks and then 20 bicep curls and so on for 10 minutes straight. You can vary the exercises but just keep moving. I get bored VERY easily with cardio so this has been helping me a bunch and from what I've read, if you break it up like this you will burn more calories throughout the day.
    Anonymous

• like everyone else said, you're going to have to do cardio. That's the only way you're going to lose the fat.
    Anonymous

• Try buying a sweat suit that will makes you sweat and if your short on cash try wrapping yourself with a trash bag and do some jumping anything to keep your body moving and yes cover your boobies too do this for 30 mins. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Sweating will only make you lose weight temporarily, you put it right back on as soon as you rehydrate your body. Sweating suits are a scam.

Ab exercises will make you look a bit better naked because they'll pull everything in and up a bit but it's a small change and you won't see any difference when you're dressed. You really need to burn that fat to reduce belly and boob size.

My favorite ab exercise is the plank. Lie flat on your front then raise yourself up on your toes and forearms, holding your body in a straight line. Within seconds you'll start to feel it in your abs. Start by holding it for 10 seconds and build up from there. It's the single most effective ab exercise.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• pilates!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2010