what are your thoughts on people who brag about every purchase they make, whether it be big or small?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we have nice things but i never brag. My step sis is the worst. she is always posting on facebook.."just got my nails done, going to get my hair done, leaving the mall, took the kids to the zoo, some shit"...i just think to myself "nobody really wants to know what you're doing every second of every fricking day." I don't care really that she is doing all these things but why does she feel she has to make an announcement?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I think, "Keep on filling that hole in your life with Gucci bags and Prada shoes and new nail polish....but the hole will never fill up!"
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• my husband is one of them, and I DIE inside when he tells people about our purchases or his purchases. It's none of anyone's business what we spend our money on....and it's not enough that the people see us drive up in a new car...he has to inform them...."hey look what we bought".
    So please don't think whoever those people are with like the fact that they're bragging....because I hate that he does it!!!
    Anonymous

• I think sometimes it can come across like bragging but not really be. I like to share when something good happens to me. However some people will think you are bragging but your not.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I don't think much of anything abut them except that they're happy. I tend to brag about how much I SAVE when I purchase stuff.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I guess if they brag about spending outrageous amounts, I figure they are materialistic and have their priorities all wrong.
    If it is a big savings, a super bargain, then I congratulate them! I am always thrilled about bargains!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Depends on if they are using hard earned money.

I have a former friend who's husband hurt himself drunk on an ATV, went to work and pretended to hurt himself there..lawsuit brought in a huge amount of money so they were buying new trucks and more ATV's, just blowing it all away!
    Then they ran out of money and their daughter had to be hospitalized for 2 weeks and needed expensive medications so they had a fund raiser to cover the costs. they had full insurance! when the money poured in..they went and bought a 42 inch tv and they had a wonderful christmas! off their kids fund raiser money.
    that kind of bragging pisses me off!!!

now say you got a bonus check from work and you were able to put a down payment on a new boat or car. I would say "Cool! can I take a look"?
    Anonymous

• Jeanclaudia is right.
    They're trying to fill a void in their life with material items. Bragging is their pathetic way to get people's attention.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I think people who brag in general are annoying.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:27 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I think they are insecure and looking for validation..looking to impress someone. I also think those types are generally unhappy with their lives.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 14, 2010