Things you'd never know if it weren't for the movies..pt III

you're likely to survive any battle, anywhere...unless you happen to show someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.

Should you wish to pass yourself off as a german officer, it is not necessary to speak the language, the accent will do.

a man will show no pain while taking a horrific beating, but will wince while a woman tends to his wounds

If staying in a haunted house, women must investigate any strange noises in their most diaphanous underwear, which is what they happened to be wearing when their car broke down

If someone says "I'll be right back"...yea...they won't.

Even when driving down a perfectly straight road, it is necessary to turn the steering wheel from time to time

all bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.

a police detective can only solve a case after he has been suspended from duty.

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol, that made me laugh. i needed that, thank you
    Anonymous

• That was so true and thanks for the laugh! I just read Part II--also great!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• The basic instructions for life is found in the movie, Steel Magnolias
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• lol agreed - and I know first hand about the beating one, I think it's because of the adrenaline rush during a fight. My ex-husband was a boxer and he'd take punches to the head and rib cage and it looked like nothing phased him but for days later he'd barely be able to move and god forbid I use peroxide on his cuts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Very good!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:27 AM on Jun. 14, 2010