what to do when im alone in this...

I really want another baby. I really want my girl (I only have boys) and my husband doesn't want to try anymore (but he has a girl in her teens from a previous relationship) I have tried to get my point across to him about how I really really (almost painfully) want to try for a little girl, but he thinks that we are fine with our boys. I am to the point where I would actually threaten that if he doesn't fulfill my wishes to at least try again (I know there's only a 50 50 chance that it will happen) that I will find alternative ways to conceive. I know! I sound crazy! But truthfully, I feel if I don't give it just 1 more try, I will never be truly happy and I will actually begin to resent him. I don't want to ruin our lives over this, please help me! How do I make him understand? Especially if it wont be really hurting us financially or emotionally or physically. TIA p.s. I have a feeling that a lot of his apprehension is...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• from his mother saying she doesn't think we should have more (mind you she only had 2)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Well, I have 3 boys and quit. If it's that important to you, you need to leave the marriage. I don't think you force anyone, or coerce anyone to have a child against their will. Being a parent is a huge responsibility, and they older they get, the more expensive they get. I would have loved a daughter, but I'm perfectly happy with my 3 sons, I would never say that I couldn't be happy without a daughter. I'm happy to have a husband who loves me and 3 healthy sons.

If his mother is truly the reason, then you have other problems anyway. I think you should really stop and consider which is more important to you.

Good luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Tell him that because he has another girl he thinks that he does not need another one. Also tell him how important it his to you to have a girl. Good luck!
    mummykaren

Answer by mummykaren at 12:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• What happens when the next is a boy? Are you going to want to try again?
    Anonymous