I have my 2 nephews with me tomorrow and with my son's carseat and my youngest nephews carseat there is no room for my older nephew in the back. Can I put him up front in a booster seat?

Just wondering. My car is tiny. Should I squezee them all back there or should I put the oldest (7) up front? We will be in the car for 45 up to the lake and 45 mins back tomorrow.

Both my nephews are in booster seats but my son is in a huge frontfacing carseat. I really don't think they'll all fit.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 12:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Does your car have a front passenger airbag? If so do not put him in the front. I have been in that situation and put the oldest child in the car without a booster seat. He is seven so he should be getting close to big enough to go without one. It sucks, but sometimes you have no other choice.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:27 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I can turn the passanger airbag off.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Where I'm from, legally, no children under 6 are allowed in the front seat unless the back seat is fully occupied with other children under 6. Since your nephew is 7, it would be ok legally for him to sit in the front seat (don't know whether the booster should be used or not), but of course it's safest for him to be in the back seat. I personally would try my best to fit all the seats in the back and only put him in the front if absolutely necessary.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Then I would put him in the front with the booster seat. If you were in a truck he would be sitting in that spot, I am sure it will be fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• only if you can turn off the front airbag.... if not it could literally KILL HIM if deployed!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2010