Do you open your SO's mail?

I open the envelopes, which he knows, because he never gets anything I shouldn't see. But I've already gotten into the habit of not opening the boxes because we order presents for each other all the time! =)

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yea, but he opens mine too. We're married, and everything is pretty much for both of us. Neither of us has anything to hide. The only time I don't like it is when I order something online and he opens it. I tell him not to because I'm excited to open it myself, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:44 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I don't have to worry about getting presents haha! I open my husbands mail because it's usually bills. If it's his work mail I don't open it.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Yup. Butthead opens mine too.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Depends what it is. Bills - yes, things that look like cards - no, work stuff - no.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• We're not married yet but we don't have anything to hide from each other. He works more than full time and part of my job as a SAHM is to be his secretary too. I joke with him that what is his is mine and what is mine is mine... My uncle also warned him of the in the beginning of our relationship : ) Most everything is bills anyway or something that I have to deal with and usually if something comes in the mail for him he likes to know about it when I get it rather than waiting to learn about it when he gets home.
    GraceZsMom

Answer by GraceZsMom at 1:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Oh yeah, we open each others all the time (he gets more exciting things than I do). Sometimes he puts mine up somewhere and then forgets to tell me about it and I will miss a wedding shower or a birthday party here and there. He has gotten better about it. I have no present packages sent to the house. It goes to my parents because he would open it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I pay the bills and take care of all of that stuff. So I open all of his mail. If he gets a package in, I call him and ask if he wants me to open it or put aside for when he gets home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Yeah I open his. All the bills are in his name and he doesn't ever show me the mail. I pay the bills and if I don't open things addressed to him we would be swimming in debt. He seriously opens the mail looks at it and then THROWS it across the room.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 1:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Not usually, he just moved in so I haven't gotten much for him yet since he just filled out the change of address form last week. We don't have any joint accounts yet so his bills are his bills so there is no need for me to open them, if he gets a package from his mom or sisters I'll call him if he isn't home and he asks me to open them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• yep i do... Everything that comes in the mail is bills and if its junk mail like those fake credit cards that come in the mail i open it. i open everything under his name and mine because i can.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 2:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2010