Have you tried those shape ups, those special shoes with the round bottom

my 23 yr old daughter bought a pair they are sketchers shape ups.
she is a housekeeper in a hotel working 40 hours a week.
thin build
walks like a duck and is very hard on shoes in general....sorry just a fact not trying to put her down

now her back and shoulders hurt and she has been calling in sick because of the pain...I tell her it is probably the shoes...she denies it.
I told her to go see a Dr. then if she doesn't believe me.I tell her that those shoes are for walking not busting your behind cleaning rooms.

do you think I could be right that the shoes could be stressing out her body...afterall she works in them instead of taking long brisk walks like they are intended for

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have some but from looking at them they look like regular shoes... The sketcher ones have thick soles dont they? I could be totally wrong, but those soles seem like it would make it harder to get up & down which Im guessing she is doing alot & bending over.. Those shoes were made to walk in. and are made to put your body a bit off balance (thats what makes you tighten ur butt/legs up)... so by moving in odd ways a cleaner does all day it is probably putting a pretty bad strain on her back trying to keep her body balanced.
    But idk.. i could be totally wrong..
    Id advice her to try going back to another pair of shoes for a week or 2 & see how that helps..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• sorry I meant to put this in the health section....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Yes it could be. I have to admit I where the shoes all the time at work in a busy place I am on my feet at least 10 hours a shift. I have to admit I feel the same when I am done. (I have to admit my legs and butt are tighter, LOL)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2010