dating website

has anyone used... plentyoffish.com and had good connections?
i made a profile and hoping to catch someone's eye.. i miss being in a relationship.. I don;t know how single moms do it.. i love my son, i love spending every minute with him.. but i miss that intimate touch and converstations and everything

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 1:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Dating web sites can be good and bad things you can meet some one great and wonderful and you can meet someone that will stalk you. You really just need to be really careful and do background history on the person don't believe everything they tell you. I have never done anything with one but a good friend of mine has and they have been together here know 10 years and they are married they just had there first child. Just be careful and don't fall over the first person that comes along. GL MOMMA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Yes but it's been a while

Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I met my other on there. I've had some misses but I'm glad I met him.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• plentyofFISH???

that sounds repulsive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• one of my friends was playing around on there - far as i know the only people she "met" were looking for sex....
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• i checked out the site a few years ago. the guys on there from our area were not worth dealing with. it depends on where you live. being its a free site it draws all the lowlifes. your best bet is to invest in a subscription for match or yahoo personals. they usually have a decent amount of guys to choose from. read all the safety rules AND follow them! good luck! i met my hubby on yahoo personals 3 yrs ago and he lived 5 miles away from me! hes great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• How does it sound repulsive? Plenty of fish in the sea - think it's cute.

Anyway, I haven't used it and I've dated guys from online and that I met in person and have to say that you can encounter a stalker in either situation, and there are dangers in either situation, but also both will have good points too.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I met my husband on Match.com which costs money. plentyoffish is free. I never used plentyoffish but I know several people who have. My own thinking was that if you paid for it, you might get more quality people (quality meaning single and sincerely looking for a relationship, and hopefully employed). Being married now, I don't think about these things anymore. However, if I was single, I think I'd prefer the paid sites so that I'd have a better chance of avoiding players and/or married people posing as single.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• My dear friend found her soul mate on plentyoffish. Good luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 12:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Kitten..I have an account on that site and a few other sites..I have meet 2 guys off of pof..the first one i feel in love with and he got me pregnant and left me..the one im talking to now ive been talking to him for almost 7 months and im taking it slow...there are a few that just want sex...im a single mother of soon to be 2 and i know how you feel anytime u want to talk msg me
    singlemom1226

Answer by singlemom1226 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2010