I'm completely clueless...Toddler mamas??

My son turned 2 on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I got a call to pick him up from daycare as he had a 102 fever. He was lethargic but the fever went down with some Tylenol, he just slept most of the day. Ever since then, I can not get him to sleep. He's very unlike himself-irritable, refuses to eat, and he gets extremely upset when I lay him down. He just finished a course of antibiotics today for an upper respiratory infection.

The only other thing I've noticed about him is that he's been sweating a lot...it's been warm here but I've been perfectly comfortable, even chilly and he's always covered in a layer of sweat.

Does this sound like anything familiar mamas? I'm at a total loss and I'm about at my wits end....he's a very good toddler but lately he's just whining and crying and I don't know what do for the poor guy!!! I don't want to call the pedi and sound like an idiot...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was always told that when you sweat, your break your fever. Maybe the sweating means his fever broke. Just call your doctor, they will never think of you as an idiot...Just a good mama for being worried. I know a fever can make you feel run down. You do not usually run a fever for nothing, it makes your body an open door for other things. Maybe he caught another bug.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I would be calling the doctors first thing that doesn't sound normal to me either. I also agree with what the first post said fevers are an open door for anything and the sweating all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Put a cool rag on his forehead and wipe him down once in awhile
    Try switching Tylenol &. Motrin every 2 hours ex: Tylenol @ 2:00 then Motrin @ 4:00, then Tylenol @ 6:00 then Motrin @ 8:00 and so on ( T & M ) are 2 different medicines hope ur baby feels a lot better ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Since he isn't eating check in his mouth for sores / blisters. Hand, foot and mouth is going around this time of year. It starts off with a fever and then they get bumps / blisters in their mouth, hands and feet. Sometimes it can only be in their mouth. When my son had it he has bumps on his hands and feet but not the many and very faint. I only noticed them because he told me his feet hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I would call his dr
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 1:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2010