husband injured

hunny had a bad accident a work. He fell off a ladder and broke his ankle, and the bones came out trough his skinn. It was so bad d doctor told me that in 13 years she had never seen something like that. And he had to get emergency surgery for 6 hours and they told me he wont b able to work for a very long time. Some of the workers are mad because they think its the super intendents fault because he is always telling them that if dont hurry and get the job done they will get fired. My husband is a foreman at a fire sprinkler company.
Now the one of the boses of my husband visited hm at the hospital but he never mentioned what they were going to do money wise, and plus my husband was all druged up from the morphine the hospital was giving him. The hospital got some blood from my husband and they told him he came out "dirty" meanin he has drugs in his system, which he had smoked weed and did coke, i know its bad but when he ge

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Health

• Well i have to tell you your hubby may not get a dime because he was dirty. Do you think he was high went he got injured? The coke is what is really gonna do him in with weed he can talk himself a little around that. Sounds like your hubby isn't being very responsible.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• if he came out dirty, and his work finds out, they may give him nothign and say that it was his on fault. but is there maybe a desk jpob at his work he could do untill he is able to do his old job? and mget he same pay or more?.
    if he could find a desk job that gave him the same pay at the same company maybe he could talk to them about no workman comp and just giving him that job untill he recovers. but they could also deny him the workmans comp for having drugs in his system and may alos be fired for that.. tell him in the future to stay off the drugs and to talk ot his boss. maybe if hes worked there liong enougnt theyll give him a second chance if he is able to do something else productive for the company.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Yup, he won't get ANYTHING because he's dirty. His job will find out because its work related, and he'll be SOL.

Maybe he will learn next time to NOT be doing drugs. Or his family and his job will be on the line!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• When did they test him for the drugs? How long after he got injured? He may have been on coke because that only stays in your system for about 2 days.

He really needs to become more responsible. I'd be so pissed off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• You'll get nothing.... no workers comp, no lawsuit, and no job waiting for him when he's recovered. You're totally screwed. I am assuming his recovery will be loooooooooooong. Start considering SSDI (disability) and if you don't already have a job, apply for daycare assistance and get 1. Or 2....
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• The hospital was 100% required to do the bloodwork... it's common for any work related injury from a bad splinter to a major accident like his. I feel terrible for you and the looooong hard journey you're about to begin
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Good luck getting disability. Can't they deny it for having drugs in his system?

I agree you should get a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Where I work, if you have an on the job accident, and your blood test comes back dirty, not only do you not get anything from worker's comp, you are automatically fired.

Honestly, if I were you I would not expect anything at all from the company, because truthfully there is no way of proving he was not high when he was injured.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• He won,t get anything if he had drugs in his system when he was injured.
    vanillapie

Answer by vanillapie at 8:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2010