post partum bleeding or period?

So I had my DS March 4th and I had my 6 week appointment scheduled for April 20th. I bled/spotted until about two weeks before my postpartum appointment. Well I got to the doc office and noticed I had started bleeding again (guessing maybe my period?) so I rescheduled to get my paraguard IUD put in two weeks later. only bled for five days like my usual periods were. Well I had the Paradguard put in May 7 th and I bled just a few days because of the procedure. Well here it is June 13th and I have not bled since. So no "period since April. i am exclusively BF so was that break and then the bleeding two weeks later not a real period just more postpartum bleeding? This is my first child BF so I dont know what to expect about getting my period back normally or if I should be scared my IUD failed......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Health

• sounds like spotting actually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Sounds like everything is normal. You will have bleeding when you have a child even a few weeks after having an IUD you can get bleed and you may not bleed at all. Everything sounds normal to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Sounds about par for the course. What you had was likely not a period. I would get a pregnancy test any way just to be sure, but most likely you are not and it is the breastfeeding that is causing you to not have a period. Be thankful. After my periods came back with my Paragard (I breastfed until 35 months old) they were extremely heavy but short. I soaked through the heaviest tampons in about 2 hours the first two days and then spotted for another 2 days. At 36 months PP I am finally starting to not be quite as heavy with the IUD.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2010