isnt it funny how people who formula feed

always feel the need to explain themselves on here when answering a question....

like they will say something like "when i bought formula (i had to for medical reasons)"

noone should have a problem with wether you FF or BF....

IMO the only time someone should be bashed or explain themselves for the way they feed their baby is if they DONT feed them....

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 3:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know what you are saying, but they may just be avoiding having to explain themselves later. People will bash others for the most random crap and you know what!? As long as their child is getting fed, that is all the matters!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I don't explain myself. I've been bashed so many times for formula feeding that it no longer affects me whatsoever...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I don't explain why I formula feed when I do. Some women do explain because they know that formula isn't the best for their babies and they are sick of getting bitched at for not breastfeeding. I don't care what people think when they see my baby eating formula just like I don't care what people think when I am breastfeeding my baby in public.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 4:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Maybe they have to thorugh their reason out there out of their OWN guilt... trying to justify it to themseles more than others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• throw* themselves*
    Anonymous

• i tried to breast feed my son and it was hell, my daughter did great with it, but you know what if i had a third i would formula feed no questions asked, i have really big boobies and i had to sit down the whole time, and cracked nipples are hell!!!! i have done both and let me tell you bottle fed babies rock!! but moms who stick with breast feeding rock too, its hard and painful. you cant be upset with someone about their child and how you feed them, its all up to you, i understand both levels it since i have done both, sometimes it works and sometimes it really truly doesnt. life is too short to worry about what she is doing and they are doing what food are they feeding to their kids, enjoy life and dont worry about what they are doing
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• i think they only explain themselves because they really would like to have breast fed but formula was the only option for them.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I think they explain themselves because for the ones who truly had a medical reason for not breastfeeding wanted to breast feed but couldn't due to that and don't want to be bashed for something that wasn't up to them.
    I agree though I don't see the point in bashing a mothers choice of feeding as long as the child is getting fed leave her alone.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• After reading your question I realized I do the same thing without even noticing it! I thought about it and the pp who said something about saving time in the long run got it. If I didn't say something in the beginning, then I always felt the need to go back and say something to defend myself. After a while, I stopped trying to justify my choices with people I've never actually met and started ignoring the bashing.
    I like what you said about the only meanness needed is when the child isn't fed anything.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I don't do that. I make no apologies for using formula. I did it because I wanted to.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2010