do those shape up shoes really work? what are your experiences with them? what brand do you have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• my grandma bought a pair of the sketchers and said that her back hasnt bothered her since she has been wearing them. I don't think i would wear them though. They look rediculous
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I have sketchers. I wear them all the time. I have noticed a difference. My toes were numb the first few weeks of wearing them, FYI.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• If you had asked me two weeks ago I'd have been singing their praises. I had heel and calf problems and they fixed those but I kept noticing my knees hurting. I watched how I walked and noticed that when my foot went from heel to toe it rolled inward pushing my knee to the side not keeping it straight. I thought it was me and I saw another woman walking in them and she did the same thing. Now my knees are really sore and I can't seem to fix it with stretches and ice packs. I won't be wearing them again.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• i have sketechers shape ups and my feet no longer hurt! As for toning...they don't do anything but i didn't buy them for that reason..if you want to get toned you need to exercise! But my feet no longer hurt and htat is why i wear them...but i have heart people with a long of problems like the above poster said.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 12:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I bought the Sketcher Tone Up flip flops, haven't really noticed anything yet. But to be fair, I haven't worn them on long walks either. They are quite comfortable though and they are suppose to mimic walking in sand.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I read somewhere that they are just a gimmick and can cause injuries because you are not walking in a natural posture.
    Anonymous