How many of you pray in silence?

Just curious as I have seen lots of answers and post about "please pray for us" or "I will pray for you". How many of you think you should pray in silence and doesn't the ancient writings also talk about praying in silence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i always pray in silence.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I pray everyday in silence & also verbally Thank God every day too!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• So you don't go around saying "I will pray for you?" or asking for prayer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I pray in silence all the time, but if I'm understanding the purpose of your question there are many examples of people asking for prayers or praying for others in the Bible (if that's what you mean by ancient writings). It doesn't say that you should always and/or only pray in silence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• All the time. Asking some one else for prayer is not a bad thing either. What gets me is people on their facebook not asking for prayer but putting what they want to say to God as their status.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• The Bible says to "Pray without ceasing." God doesn't want us walking around always mumbling prayers but to always be in an attitude of prayer. I pray silently, and outloud.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 10:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• In islam.. we do two things. we pray and we supplicate(make dua). the prayer is a series of steps each one of us makes in every prayer part of it is to pray some prayers silently and some outloud. We pray 5 times a day. the first prayer at dawn is made out loud, the next two prayers are made silently and those are at noon and forenoon. then the evening prayers are prayed partially out loud and partially silent. And this is how prophet mohammad (peace be upon him) was instructed to pray by angel gabriel and in turn he showed us. the other part is making supplication. we do that either silently or out loud..however we wish and when ever we wish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I would rather pray in silence, to me it's my personal relationship and conversation with God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• It depends... I pray in science a good bit, but I also like to just "talk" to the Gods - and occasionally I do that out loud. Depends on the reason, my mood and where I am...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• We are to do it in secret. It is our personal one on one time with Yahweh. Yahweh's son Yahshua gave us the perfect reasons on what to pray and how since he is the example to live by. We can pray in our hearts if we are cought in spontaneous situations. And we can do it quietly if we are in public, but we do not HAVE to do it in silence. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2010