how to remove glue residue from pocket knife blade

Hi all,
I have a pocket knife that I love and we just moved and I've used it over and over again to open boxes and cut them flat. Now, the two blades I use to cut things with are full of glue residue to the point where they almost don't cut anymore. What can I use to remove that? TIA

sauterelledesil

Asked by sauterelledesil at 10:03 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Goo Gone. It takes about anything off. You can find it at the local store (walmart, Target)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• denatured alcohol
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I agree with Jademom. Goo Gone will get anything off of hard surfaces.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Like PP said, I like goo gone, but I discovered 'Goof Off' recently, and found it to work on more surfaces. It can be used on all sorts of things- Goo Gone is awesome on hard surfaces, but either will work well. You can also use hot water, and follow it up with rubbing alcohol- You'll need to oil the hardware and mechanisms well after exposure to water though.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:53 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Goo Gone, but you can also look for scissor cleaner in most paper-crafting sections of hobby stores. UNDU also wokrs well too.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2010