Anyone Travel w/a 1 year old ?

Hi, Im looking to go away this summer and am debating on traveling on a plane with the baby. She will be 1 in july and i would plan on going around that time. Trip is about 4 1/2 hours long.

I heard to give a bottle to help w/ear popping/pressure but otherwise did anyone else travel and if so, how was your experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i traveled to florida, 2hr flight with a 7mth old. I did give him a pacifier for the ear popping thing and a bottle. He was really good, no crying or fussing, i think i fussed more than he did, lol. Not all kids are the same, so just arm yourself with toys that will interest her but not make too much noise, books, maybe she can skip her nap, so that she'll sleep on the plane. Have snacks too. Good luck and have fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• with my 1st son we went to visit the in laws when he was 13 months. he did great! the trip took us two days each way, with 4 connections each way. my son was breast fed, and he did eat during the flights, and he had no issues. he was so good!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• i have traveled with both my kids all their lives by car and by plane and never had a problem. each kid is different so keep a bottle/sippy cup, paci, snacks, and little toys available. just a reminder tho airline security will not allow premade bottles through. i had a few bottles filled with water and i had to pour them out. they also questioned the jars of baby food. lucky they let me go with them. just be aware of the restrictions on security.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2010