Put your politics aside and watch this video. It will shine a light on the root cause of all that is happening around us that some of us find hard to believe possible, in the America in which we were raised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNUc8nuo7HI

gammie

Asked by gammie at 10:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I totally agree with what he was saying! WE weren't taught what it MEANT to be American. Sometimes I think that the only thing that was passed down was how to scam the system, and how to get more than we worked for. We have to get rid of the sense of entitlement that is so pervasive today, and get back to our roots.

Thanks, gammie, for posting this!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• This gave me goosebumps!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Tried but couldn't get through it. More My way or the highway rhetoric. I am not a conservative by a long shot but I am a true American from the moment of my birth. I come from a family of military members and political activists. I was raised in a family, and have raised my children, to be honorable, hardworking, productive, involved, moral American citizens who happen to also be Humanists and atheists. I find it very frustrating that many would question my patriotism just because I don't go to the same church they do. 

The one point I agree with here is that we have and are still raising a generation of spoiled, self indulgent, whiners that want nothing but instant gratification of their wants (that don't understand the difference between a want and a need), and unfortunately we will all pay the price, conservative/liberal/un-involved/moderate.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• That is what I'm try to say, it is not Obama or Bush. We voted for these guys.

But if we can teach the young people about our love for this country, we will never vote for guys like this again.

Today is flag day, are you going to put your flag out? I put my out everyday.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• WOW!! I REALLY don't like this guy! I do not agree with him at all! I think that my generation knows what it is to be an American its just not what the older generation thinks is "American". America is changing ALWAYS....WE are changing with the times HE is holding onto old time beliefs that simply put, will not work in todays society.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Most politicians bite, I agree we should hold all of them equally up to the mirror.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• He is right but it just goes to show just how far back progesivism goes. This is not a fluke, it's been happening in plain site for years and years.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• He is absolutely right.I would never expect any progressive to understand nor if they did understand to admitt the man is correct.Progressives are determined to force America into what America was never meant to be.A replica of Europe.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Dennis Prager in his comments about passing on through the generations what it means to be an american.
    Did you know that In israel, the Jews do this, they are proud of who they are and pass it on to their children. It is one of the first things children of Israel are taught, who they are in the great nation of Israel.
    We need to get back to the foundation of who we are in this country of the United States of America.
    I do have to disagree that its THE KEY ROOT cause of this... when a nation lack knowing God and knowing who they are in God, Jesus Christ. They tend to forget who they are and what they were created for. That is a big root cause of the continuing decline of the USA. I do not expect anyone else to agree but it is what I have seen.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• If we went back to who we "were" in this great nation it wouldn't be based on Jesus or God. Not all Americans need religion to be good, upstanding people. Our nation was formed with FREEDOM in mind, freedom from England, freedom of religion etc etc. Also going back to the beginning, this country belonged to the American Indians, we stole it from them!! So please do not say to go back to the foundation. What we did was morally wrong!
    If anything we do need to teach our children to respect all others, regardless of race, religion or where they stand politically. Having seen so many bigots on CM just imagine how many there are living in this country! That is the problem!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2010