Good top of stair gate where one side needs to mount to wood banister and other side to wall?

I need to find a top of stair gate that can mount wall-to-banister. Most gates seem to work best if they're mounting from one wooden banister to another wooden banister, or in a doorway. I'm assuming I need some sort of a gate that can be mounted at an angle so that it can mount between the banister and a stud?

Anyone know of a good gate that can mount this way?

Gruntlings

Asked by Gruntlings at 10:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i got mine at toys r us..it worked well when we used it..but dd could crawl under it, since the base boards kinda got in the way..lol..it was an evenflo, natural wood color, gate...only paid 40 for it.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• We ended up just nailing a small piece of wood to the banister where the gate needed to connect. It means we will have to replace that piece of the banister when the gate comes down, but it'll be up for a few years (my youngest is 18 months, but I'm due in July with another one)

Answer by missanc at 12:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2010