Does your husband say dumb things like...

"I'm a grown man - I can do what I want". My husband said that last night and I just laughed to myself. His grown man butt will be out the door if he does whatever he wants when he wants to and he knows it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• If you can laugh about it you know he is a man who puts his family first. He has to act like a three year old sometimes don't they all?
    Anonymous

• LOL! No mine has not said anything like that, but I have...LOL! I have totally said "I'm a grown women here ya know" But, my DH has a bad habit of acting like daddy & being a bit over protective sometimes, he also likes to show me how to do things right (his way not the right way...LOL) So, i joke with him & let him know that i am all grown up now & don't need help or someone to be overly worried about me when i take a 2 hour drive to go see a friend. Sometimes i just call him daddy & he hates that so much because he knows I'm picking on him for being so concerned all the time. He's not at all controlling or anything like that, he just worries about stupid things that he shouldn't worry about...like me jogging on a busy street...LOL he really feels i might get run over.

I would have laughed too...more at the "I can do what i want" part...LOL, it is kind of funny!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Yes, that is why we are separating.

We are family and we need to support one another. I am tired of being the back bone of our relationship. He is breaking it.
    Anonymous

• no, i'm not his mom and he may do as he like. i don't control him. i am married to him. if he wanted to do something that would hurt me  i would just leave him, not try and control him. what are you doing with a man that "wants" to do stuff that would jeopardize your relationship?

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 12:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• One time he said he didn't need to tell me anything, least of all where is going to be after work if he wanted to go out. I said he does get to tell me if I ask and if he wants to act like a teenager acting out, he can go back and live with his mommy because I sure wasn't going to raise her little boy. He hasn't said that again. A little respect, courtesy and exchange of information is not control and the only women I know who have been dumb enough to say they have no problem with their husband doing whatever they wanted, ended up with a spoiled brat of a husband who more often than not, found another woman to be with.
    Anonymous

• anon, i married a man, whom has no desire to run around and act like a child. he wouldn't say something like your husband has, because he is in a mature, grown up relationship. and i'm in no way dumb for acknowledging the fact that i do not control my husband. i do not make him tell me things and have respect me, he does this because he wanted to, which is why i married him. again i ask, why would you want to be with a man that "wanted" to not tell you where he was, or "wanted" to do an anything that would jeopardize your relationship, regardless of whether or not he actually does those things or not because you don't let him?

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2010