Arts and craft project for fathers day that needs help.

I got some pirate chest. I am cutting out circles right now and going to have my son draw on them and put them in the chest (gold coins with his own personal touch). I just opened the pack of chests and they are a lot taller than I thought they would be. They are 4 inches tall. We are doing one for my husband, one for my father, for Fathers day, then one for my son for play time. The coins I am doing are not going to take up as much room as I thought they were. So what are some other easy craft(s) that my son and me can do to put in the chest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would buy some candies to fill the rest. I would look for candies with gold foil wrapping. Rollos are good, chocolate coins, candy necklaces, rock candy, anything that looks like it could be pirates treasure.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Wrap some little candies in gold and silver foil
    Make some homemade tiny cookies or chocolates and wrap those in sliver and gold foil
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• ^^^ Love the ideas!

Blue tissue paper or blue plastic wrap. Ballons, the ones that you can make balloon pirate swords. Snacks like Golfish. Flavored popcorn. Ive seen Pirate brand potatoe chips. If you buy canned nuts or something, remove the label and have your son draw a new pirate label. I love your present!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2010