Teething Tablets

My baby boy started teething this weekend. I had quite a few people recommend "teething tablets" to me. I started using them and someone else told me how horrible they were for my baby and that there was a dangerous ingredient in them. Now I'm freaked out. Has anyone else heard this? If so, what ingredient is the dangerous one?

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ok I just looked it up, it's the belladonna... it says according to wikipedia that the plant has poison alcaloids in it that can cause nausea and delerium if ingested in high amounts. small amounts though have medical uses.

so if you follow the directions your baby should be fine.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I have not heard anything about a dangerous ingredient in teething tablets. My kids both used them and everything has been just fine.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• dangerous ingredient? that's a new one. I used them - highlands is a very well respected brand of teething tablets. They are homeopathic and all natural. they don't work for ALL kids but certainly worked for most people I know.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• No idea i used them with both my kids and one I babysat for a lady at my church (she is the one who introduced me to them) and they worked for all 3 of them
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 1:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• They are safe and really work. My pediatrician pharmacist, and dentist all recommend them.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I've only ever heard good things about them.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I have them and the ingredients are= Chamomilla (chamomile) 3x, Coffea cruda (coffee seeds) 3x, Belladonna 3x, (0.0000095% alkaloids) Calcarea phosphorica (calcium phosphate) 12x

inactive ingrediants are sugar.

they've always worked for my baby. if they make you nervous research all those ingredients and see how you feel.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2010