Is it too weird? Can I see past the friendship?

There is this man that ive known for years. We met when I was 13, and he was 21. It was completely non-sexual! He was like a big brother to me;he helped me through my troubled teenage years. Now he has a little baby boy and he divorced his wife last year. A few weeks ago he pronounced his love for me. He says he's been in love with me for years, but knew it was innappropriate to act on his feelings. Now, that I am 19 and a mother, he says I have grown into the woman of his dreams. He is an amazing man-the kind of man every woman deserves. I have a bad rep of getting the 'bad boys', like my daughters father. But this guy..he is genuine. And I will always love him in a way, but I am very unsure about a romantic relationship. For one, its a little strange right? Im not the only one who thinks its just a little weird? And two, every time im around him i see him as a brother. I dont know if I could ever see past our friendship.

oldsoulmom

Asked by oldsoulmom at 1:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Its not a bad thing if both of you fall in love. But don't have a romantic relationship with him just for him. Make sure YOU want it too! GL

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Then don't. I personally don't think it's weird, I know it's easy to develop feelings in close friendships, however, if you're not as into it as he is, and view him in a completely different way then he does, I wouldn't even jeopardize the friendship.
    If you're honestly curious as to see where it might play out, maybe take it slow, but if it is too weird for you... well, I just wouldn't let it go past the friendship stage.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• oh wow haha i posted this hoping the answers would make me feel better but i didnt think they actually would. thank you guys :D i already told him im not sure about it, but if we do try things out, we are going to be moving like snails :D
    oldsoulmom

Answer by oldsoulmom at 1:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• You're just not that into him. Be honest and don't string him along. Let him find his true love.
    Anonymous

• For him- you are his TRUE love, and to me- whats better to marry but your best friend,where you can say,tell, dream, and not have to put on airs to him as you would a new guy. He knows you inside and out,as you do him. And as you say- your drawn to *bad* guys,where this one is stable and secure. What more do you want? A spark (lust) only last for a shor time, where this guy is for the long haul.. I would.>go for it
    Anonymous

• I don't see it as weird as long as you both are single consenting adults and want to see where it leads

Answer by admckenzie at 4:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2010