sleep schedule dilemma

My dd normally goes down at 7pm, wakes between 3am-4am, nurses and goes right back to sleep. The last few days she is wanting to stay awake and play. She might be wide awake at 3am, but I am not. Do I change her bedtime to a little later, or do I stick it out in hopes that she will go back to sleeping until 6?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she going through a milestone (sitting up, crawling, standing, etc.?) This will pass....keep night - night (don't play). I would give it a few nights to see if it lasts....then try moving bedtime by 15m at a time.
    Anonymous

• How old is she?
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 1:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• she is 5 months, and not really hitting any milestones. she's already sitting on her own most of the time as long as i sit her up and she tries to scoot around but doesn't really manage it very well yet.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• DD is 9 mo and we start her bed time routine at 7:30 (same as DS 2 years) and they are in bed by 8. We have had her on this schedule since i think 3 or 4 months. I would try starting a bed time routine around 7 and having her laid down by 7:30 and see how it goes. Also I would make sure that she is getting enough nap time during the day my kids always sleep less at night when they dont get enough sleep during the day ( I know they are weird)
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 3:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• We have a bedtime routine, we start at 6, she's down at 7. She is always down at 7, even before we started her routine. As for naps, yeah, she's been a terrible napper lately, we'll have to try to fix that and see how it goes.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2010