How can I make a tender steak?

I dont eat steak that often,but when I do, I typically buy top round or bottom round, I cut it up in to pieces, add some spices and sometimes some Worcestershire sauce.......I tried baking it and putting it in the crock pot, but i cant get it nice and tender, like melting in your mouth soft lol...Any tips?

Samantha2174

Asked by Samantha2174 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i always would tenderize mine by stabbing it really good with a fork all over..then soak it with whatever you like over night before you cook it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I think a way is to brown in on the stove then let it finish in the oven.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Season it and sear it in a pan, then put it in the crock pot covered in beef broth. Let it cook on low for 8-10 hours. Or do you have a pressure cooker?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• get the jarred minced garlic dab it on your steak, then stabb it all over with a fork..place it in a ziplock over night, the garlic is a natural tenderizer....The guy at the meat counter of my local grocery swears by packets of meat tenderizer, they sell them buy the powder gravy mixes...try mcormicks or Lawreys meat tenderizer seasoning packets
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Marinate for a long time (overnight to 24 hours) with an acid based marinade as said before, brown on the stove and then cook in the crock pot on LOW for a long ass time. Like...all day for as many hours as you can. The longer it cooks, the more tender it will get. That generally works for me, but I TRY and buy pricey steak when I can do so because it makes it a lot easier. lol
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• go to a mexican grocery store and ask for "arachara steak" and its a mexican flank type steak its pretty thin and cooks fast.. and then when u go home marinate it in seasoning salt, 1 miller light beer and lime juice.. marinate for up to 24 hours and grow it on the grill yummm
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I always boil it 1st then put it in a crock pot and yum I also luv it cooked in jim bean BBQ sauce too..ok ur fault now I gunna pull a roast to cook
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 3:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• i only eat ribeyes,i think top round or bottom round is to tough or chewy,i put tenderizer on mine,we normally cook them on the grill,but if i had to put them in the oven it would be to broil for few mins,then turn the temp down,makes a tender steak,
    Anonymous

• If you want tender steak, I cook with first you should marinade it. If you can't marinadte it then I would suggest, rub garlic powder on both sides, then put it on the grill or stove top is fine, I put onion on top and let the juices from the onion drip down. Then don't flip for a little while, if your worried about it burning it won't, but if you are, then put a little butter at the bottom before you put the steak in. I've been cooking since I was 4 hours. My boyfriend/fiance is Spanish and Italian and loves my cooking. I also like getting compliments or suggestions that's what makes us better cooks. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask ok. I'm new on this site just started today. I Love cooking it is a passion of mine and always have been I couldn't wait to get started I would've started a year sooner if I new it was ok for me to go into the refrige by myself. I know how to cook healthy also. Thank
    Princess7777

Answer by Princess7777 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2010