Have any of you mommies gotten to the point that you feel you just can't do it anymore??

I have been married for 9 yrs and have two kids. I stay so stressed out, that I feel like I just can't deal with it anymore. I can never keep the house clean, keep up with laundry or stay caught up with work. My husband is no help at all and on top of all that my son has been diagnoised with aspergers so now I am dealing with therapist being in our home 5 days a week. I know all mommies get stressed out, how do you deal? I really need help before I explode. Thanls!!

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Health

• I have a 4 year old with aspergers and a 10 year old with adhd . I just keep going there is nothing else I can do . It would be nice to have one day to myself to just relax . I have to tell myself sometimes to let the housework go and not stress . Stress can and will make you sick .Sometimes I will make my husband a list of stuff to do to help but he is the same way he does not help a whole lot . Then he is like well just tell me thats is why I write the list . I am going to be taking the family to counseling to try to work it out maybe that will work for oyu too .

Answer by angeleyesm at 1:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I feel your pain! My kids are older now but there were days I felt like that. It helped to have literal help. I hired a housekeeper every other week. If you keep up with the laundry that is sort of 20% of the work is 80% of the problem. I used disposables for meals. It's virtually impossible to do it all and I lowered my standards on having the place clean all the time. I just couldn't do it and I didn't have the therapist and a special needs child. Do you have to spend the time with the therapist or can you use that window to get something done?

Answer by manna1qd at 9:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I have to stay in same room as my son, he will go in shut down mode if I am out of his sight.

• oh trust me i wanted to kill my child out of anger for one second but because you get sooo upset but it goes away fast once you see there smile. just take a breath or a needed day off and u will be fine dont worry everyone feels that way

• Well I do get so stressed out and i will turn on the tv and go to my room and call my husband and talk to him he always talks me thru the stress lol!! like last week i was SO stressed final straw (oh i have a 2yr old and 13 months old) my 2yr old finds a black sharpie yep black writes all on the wall the glass kitchen table the peg perego highchair (300.00) i was so MAD i seen red. I called dh crying so upset and he talked me down thank goodness. and then he cleaned it with the mr. clean sponge when he came home. lol!! i really hope things get better for you. sometimes i just tell myself 3 yrs they will be in school lol!! if possible maybe you can take your kids out in the yard to play or maybe you can take them to a local park to help get rid of the in house stress. i know my husband takes the kids to the park in the evenings when he comes from work for about an hour or so. good luck!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 10:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Thanks to all of you mommies, It helps knowing your not the only one that feels this way.

• You're not alone! We've all been there at one point or another. And some, it's a daily thing. It's all about doing things that make you feel good about yourself. For me, even getting a nap in and getting some rest helps immensely. Have a girls night out (or in and just chat and cocktails), walk in the park, go to a movie, read a good book, (ask how to cope on Cafe Mom!), etc. The more you reach out and do things that are going to keep you refreshed, energized, and happy, the better it will be. It is hard. I struggle with it. But when I realize I'm in a rut, I call a girlfriend and I'm instantly in a better mood.

Answer by momtobedepot at 11:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• What law says that you have to clean and do laundry everyday? If your body tells you to rest then that is what you need to do. Do not kill yourself in order to have a clean house. Use your time to enjoy your kids. If your children adn husband are not bothered with the chores going undone then why should you. Life is too short to be stressed over lil stuff. ENJOY LIFE AND CLEAN ON TRIONDAY.

Answer by Queentdi at 1:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Honey, I think most of us mommies have felt this way at one point. Its a hard thing to admit though because as mothers we are supposed to be the strong one and never break down. I know at one point I actually told my husband if you dont take these kids for the night so I can get away Im running away and leaving you with them. And the kicker of this was the kids were not getting on my nerves at all. It was the fact that I just needed to stop being a mom for the day and night. I ended up going to a hotel for the night and my husband stayed with the kids. When I came home the next day I felt very refreshed. Again, it had nothing to do with the kids not listening or being bad... I just felt like I was the only one sacrificing for my children and noone including the kids understood that.

Answer by sweetsone at 11:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2008