drain clogged..

my sink is clogged..and we dont have the money to get a plumber out right now....what can i do to get it unclogged?, if i run the garbage disposal it backs water up into the other side of the sink, and i don't know what clogged it, we don't us our garbage disposal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• oh, and i don't pour grease down the sink..it always goes outside across the street..
    Anonymous

• but all the water that's in the sink will come out, won't it?
    Anonymous

• i always use equal parts baking soda and salt, then I add double that amount of vingar. It has always worked for me no matter what the clog.
    Anonymous

• We're having the exact same problem and can't afford a plumber either. Its gotten to the point where we can't use our sink and our laundry machine is having the same problem. Here are a few things we tried. Didn't work for us, but you might have better luck.
    * Take out trap (U shape pipe) under the sink check for clogging there
    * Get a "snake" we got a 15 foot one to try to un-clogg ours
    * Drain Cleaner
    We don't know what to do at this point. So if you find something that works let me know! I'm about to say screw this house and move; toliet in kids bathroom broke, drain problems in kitchen & laundry room. And our bath tub drain is clogged to, it fills up all the way when you shower then takes hours to go down.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Apple Pie, if you have that many issues it's not that there is a clog in a drain, but a clog in the line....or roots in the line, running to the main. The only way to really tell is to get a plumber with a camera snake to go into the line and see what the problem is and if it can be corrected with one of there longer and thicker snakes or if it needs to be dug and replaced.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Baking soda and vinegar, pour equal parts down the drain. Or pour a bottle of Coke down the drain. Get a large bottle and just pour it down the drain. Let sit in the pipe for a half or or so then run water down the drain.
    vanillapie

Answer by vanillapie at 7:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• I use the baking soda and vinegar down the drain all the time. It is great when the drains are a bit sluggish too. It is the best remedy and, I have been doing it for years.
    GrandmaBfly1

Answer by GrandmaBfly1 at 6:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2010