NOT advertising - I'm posting this on Craigslist and would like to know what you would pay for something like this. I am not and will not sell these on this website.

I want to make and sell these to people I meet on Craigslist, from around my town, not on here. I am just looking for what I should price them at. Below is portions of the ad, along with some examples of my work. Thanks ladies.

WHAT WOULD YOU PAY FOR ONE OF THESE?

I custom make these out of my home, so you (THE BUYER-not any mom on Cafemom) can pick the size, paint color, saying (or sayings) vinyl lettering color and whether you’d like it to hang or set on a mantel. All signs come with a high gloss finish and can compliment just about every room in the house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Op here: Here are two more examples.

Anonymous

• it looks like the over priced stuff you see at hobby lobby. If you were selling it for half the price then i would buy that kinda stuff if i needed it or wanted it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• $10 maybe $15
    Anonymous

• the price range that would catch my attention is $10-$25 depending on size, detail, and what the item is. this website has tips for pricingyour work http://www.craftmarketer.com/how-to-price-your-crafts.htm You want to make sure your not losing money.

Also many of these look like what uppercase living sells so you have to consider that some people will look at how much they can get it elsewhere so make sure you do homework on what other people are selling similar items for.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I made one for myself for my daughters room and paid about $8 for all of the pieces, so I would say $15 or so would be reasonable (for a small, like 6"X3" one). Of course the larger they are the more expensive.

For the glass let it snow, probably $10. The large Dance, love sing, live, probably $30 - depending on cost of supplies. If you have a Cricket and make the vinyl from home you'll save a lot of money.
    Anonymous

• ilove the families are forever! Thats too cute! Good job..definitely wish i was crafty enough todo such things...i agree with the above depending on the size i would shell out 15-35 bucks for something like this!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• wow those are really nice. i'd say 10-30, if they can be custom made thats a definate plus for your business. why not check local department stores to see their prices
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 3:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I wouldnt buy them off line, especially off craigslist. Maine like to support thier own hand made goods, so I'd buy from a local artist.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• They are really cute. Thanks for the ideas. Good luck on selling them.
    Anonymous

• OP Here: I will only sell them locally. Meet up with potential buyers to discuss what they would like as far as colors and such.
    Anonymous