30 Day shred/diet

I just purchased Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I am so excited about doing it, but I just had surgery so it's going to be another week or 2 before I can start. I watched it today and it looks like a pretty decent workout.
My question is, do any of you know what would be a good diet to accompany this workout? I don't know much about weight training or weight loss. My 3rd child just turned 1 and I'm ready to lose the flabby tummy, and extra's around my butt. I'm 5"2 and 140lbs so I'm not huge, just not comfortable. My goal is to lose about 15lbs before summer ends. I tend to eat what my kids eat, and I really need to get out of that habit. I think if I had a diet to follow it would help a lot.
Thanks ladies!

Quentinsmamma

Asked by Quentinsmamma at 2:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I didn't lose any weight with that video. I also get really bored doing the same routine every day so i switched it up by doing level 1 for a week then alternated level 1 and 2 for the next 2 weeks, then alternated level 2 and 3 for the last week. I kept going for almost 2 months and didn't notice any difference in the way my clothes fit nor on the scale. I will tell you though, I was sore for the first 2 weeks but my endurance went way up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• You get out what you put into it, so if you work super hard you will most likely see results. As far as eating goes, look online for a website that has a BMR calculator. Put in your info and it will tell you how many calories your body burns per day just to stay alive. Find one that has an area to add in your activity level as well. Once you discover how many calories your body burns per day, make sure you eat less than that to lose weight. Example, mine says I burn 2000 calories per day, if I eat 1500 calories, that gives me a deficit of 500 calories per day. 500 calories per day times 7 days per week equals 3500 calories. 3500 calories equals 1 lb of fat so that would mean I would lose 1 pound per week. Make sense?

Try to eat small meals around 200 calories or so every few hours to keep your metabolism running strong. I like low sodium soups, a bowl of cereal, handful of nuts, small yogurt, fruit, veggies...

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I didn't really lose with that one either. I would suggest you try her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, I'm having really great results with it. Try to just to smaller portions and cut out the junk..GL
    Anonymous

• Try interval training, it has done so much for me! Try doing just 10 minutes 3 times per day. It keeps you burning throughout the day as opposed to just a few hours after a workout. It also breaks up the boredom because you can do anything you want. Do a google search and you will find a ton of information for interval training.
    Anonymous