Can you do me a favor........

Do you have someone in your life that ONLY contacts you when they need a favor or need information? My mom is like this. She makes me so mad! She one of these people who you give an inch,and they take a mile. It took me quite awhile,but I've finally learned the word NO! I say treat me like I deserve to be treated,or don't bother calling. FYI,she has never done us favors ever.She sat for my son once when I had to go to the dentist,but other than that,nothing. Not that I expect her to,but it'd be nice for some reciprical action once in awhile.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think we share a mom too, OP.

Other than the fact that every time my mom calls/writes, anything, she expects something bigger in return. She never just calls to say hi, or writes just to write. In the 5 years I have lived away from home, she has only stepped foot in my house TWICE.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Maybe we have the same mom. Mine can not call me for weeks and then suddenly call because she needs food/money/babysitter. It sucks. I'm about to cut my mom off too. It sucks but it's a two way street, right?
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• oh i had a "friend" who i babysat her 2 kids for real cheap, took her everywhere since she didn't have a car, did tons of small favors for her like letting her borrow diapers or wipes or formula and then what does she do? stops paying me & never did anything for me oh and robs my house stealing our video camera with my daughters first everything on it both cameras with the memory cards of my daughters pictures. i DO NOT go out of my way for people anymore.
    LoveKillsSlowly

Answer by LoveKillsSlowly at 3:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2010