Any tips on quitting smoking?

Im trying to quit smoking (cigs/weed), and I smoke alot of both and say Im going to quit every day but I never end up doing it. The only time I do good and dont smoke are when Im sleeping but I cant sleep 24/7, so I dont know what to do.. any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Health

• Do the rubber band trick! Put it on your wrist and snap it everytime you have the urge to smoke! Just find something that will take up your time, crafts, cleaning, something to take your mind off of smoking! GL
    Anonymous

• hypnosis
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• My Mom was a heavy smoker and had to have carotid artery surgery for a clogged artery in her neck. They cut her from her ear all the way down her neck to scrape the artery clean then stapled it. They had to use paddles to revive her at one point. After I saw that, I never smoked again. She stopped smoking and is in great health today. Go to the hospital and ask a nurse what someone who is dying of cancer looks like and you will probably stop smoking.

Anonymous

• I don't know if this will work for you, it's what we are trying tomorrow. We chose our quit day and are taking the money we would spend on cigarettes and giving each of us $30 of it and putting the other $40 in a clear jar to see how much we're saving. We just have to come up with something to spend our $30 on that we can look at or use and feel good about for when the urge to smoke hits.
    Anonymous

• First of all, I'm a reformed smoker, 7 years quit! My mom smoked for over 30 years and quit. She she can do it, anyone can. Unfortunately, 6 months later she was diagnoised with lung cancer at 50 y/o. She went through hell but is fortunately still with us, minus a lung and the ability to do many things we all take for granted.

If you want to quit, THEN DO IT!!!!!!!! Just make up your mind and do it! Yes, it is that simple. The patch might take the edge off but ultimately, it is up to you. You have to make up your mind and be strong. Are cigs worth your life?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2010