How can i stop my 3 year old from cryen just to get something?

I am going nuts i law down the law but daddy gives in always when he cryes he gets what he was cryen for n he is very spoiled then i seem like he dont listen to me anymore its sad to see him cry like dinner time he will not sit with us he rather go play or get on the computer n i say no i turn it off n he is miserable help lol!

Momofaprince146

Asked by Momofaprince146 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Talk to your husband about not giving in to his fits. Paint him a picture of the child as a teenager.. Think of how expensive the things teenagers want are. Does he want to dole out 200-300 dollars a week for anything your child might want? He keeps giving into this child now and he's going to have a spoiled brat on his hands for the rest of his life. Then keep laying down the law with the kids. And don't give in.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Cryes=Cries and Cryen= Crying. Don't listen= Doesn't listen. Sorry but that drives me nuts!

Anyway, if you never give in when he cries then he'll eventually stop, if it's not working then he won't do it. Kids do what works for them. It will go A LOT faster if you get his dad on the same page, but if you're as strict about never giving in as you say he will eventually learn that crying to you won't get him anything.
    Anonymous

• Thanks yeah my mans getten there its just hard he feels bad but omg i cant stand the winning lol!
    Momofaprince146

Answer by Momofaprince146 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• When my son went through the whining phase I gave him a container of pennies, and put an empty jar on the counter. I explained to my son if he wanted something and he used his nice happy words mommy would get it for him (within reason of course) for example if he wanted a cookie and asked may I have a cookie then the answer was either yes you may or after lunch/dinner you certainly may. If however my son whined for a cookie then not only did he have to place a penny in the jar, but he did not get a cookie that entire day. If he wanted to play outside, and he whined about it, then he had to pay a penny and for a set amount of time was not allowed to play outside. Eventually I raised the standards, so my son could earn pennies back, however was now paying 3 pennies every time he whined. Its kind of like sticker charts, only my son understood a basic concept of money so pennies sunk in better then stickers. Could give it a try!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• What a great idea thank u!
    Momofaprince146

Answer by Momofaprince146 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2010