Charging for babysitting

A really good friend asked me to babysit her two kids who are 8 and 5 Wed-Fri's 12:30-4:30....how much should I charge her?

faithnseansmama

Asked by faithnseansmama at 3:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go to your local CDC they have the average rates of your competitors. They will also form a more successful babystting business.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• help you form a more successful business is what i meant to type.
    IraqiVetWife

• I wouldn't charge a friend...but I would ask for help with food and anything extra the kids need.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I would see what the average it around your area. I never just babysit for free. I have found some take advantage of it. So I charge but I always go a little cheaper for good friends.
    Anonymous

• I'd go $15-20/day for the two of them together. That's the going rate in my area for part time. They'll each eat $3-4 food for lunch, and you need a little extra for the hassle.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• 60 bucks
    ConnorMonster

Answer by ConnorMonster at 4:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I charge $25 per day/per child up to 9 hours.
    But for a friend or family member and it being only 4 hours a day I would charge something like $30 per day for both kids.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• a 5 and 8 yr old not very much they can pretty much entertain themselves at that age you only have to get their lunch and check on them every once in awhile i would say $10 per day per kid. I think it's expensive if it's anymore for that age and i personally wouldn't pay anymore than that
    Anonymous

• I am going though this with my SIL. I am pregnant and have two of my own.

She just got a REALLY good paying job and asked me to watch her son for her....just when she needs me too....

I feel funny asking for pay, but it IS work and I am TIRED from being pregnant and having two others, I really could use the money for diapers to store up! lol

So I am thinking like 20 dollars a day for about 10 hours worth....which is really good for her....and me....I can buy a pack or two of diapers everytime I watch him and she still saves a good bit of money!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I pay $30 a day for excelent care 5 days a week, 7 hours a day, if that would help you get a rate.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 6:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2010