Is it normal for the first tooth to be a molar?

My DD is 13 months old, she has no teeth, but today i noticed the start of her upper molar coming down. Im happy she is getting a tooth, but im worried about her front teeth. Has any one had the same problem/.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter got her molar first at 8 months old. When I asked her pediatrician about it, she said that sometimes it just happens that way and that the other teeth would come. She is now 11 months old and has her 4 front teeth, 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 5:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I haven't heard of that, did you ask her Dr. about it? I think kids usually get the 2 bottom front teeth 1st, DD got hers at 7 months, almost 8 months.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Usually, they get the fronts first and then molars. I would ask my pedi or call the dentist and ask. My son is 11 months and has 4 top front and 2 bottom fronts. No molars yet.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2010