My little sister spoils her three children because she thinks I spoil mine.

She thinks that I spend tons of money on my kids since their rooms are full of toys and clothes. What I try to tell her is that I have a network of friends where we garage sale together and often swap toys and clothes.

I spend little money on possessions for my kids. Our money goes to other things.

To keep up with me, (she lives hours away) she spends every dime on toys and clothes for her kids and then has no money for food or rent.

Her children act spoiled, are trouble to be around, and she is a leach off of the family's finances because of taking and borrowing money all the time for her bills.

She hates used items.

How can I tell her how financially dumb she is being without her throwing punches? How do you convince someone that used is good??

superclutz

Asked by superclutz at 3:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you can't
    it is her money, she can spend it how she wants
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• You can't tell her what to do with her money. Hopefully the people she leeching off of will stop giving her $. Then perhaps she'll learn.
    Anonymous

• i think toy swaping sounds good. I think buying toys used is kinda gross. Clothes are different. I always like to buy my son nice things though.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• she'll just get angry and take offense if you tell her what to do w her money she has to learn just like we all did. She'll figure it out when nobody wants to have anything to do w her kids cuz they are spoiled brats..she will also realize it when people quit enabling her and giving her money. Just deal with your own life and let her deal with hers she'll get what's coming to her.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• My sister is the same way, she's very competitive but clueless at the same time. I avoid telling her anything. I can't change her and unless she wants to fix her bad habits she has to live with the consequences.
    Anonymous

• how is a used toy gross? If you are too lazy to sanitize it then that is your problem! And used things can be nice too!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• well i'm sorry if you are offended but if you don't know the people you are buying from it can be gross. How do you know they don't have the toys laying out in the yard in a pile of poo or that the toys have'nt been laying somewhere with yuck on them. You can sanatize them all you want to but i would never be able to get the mental picture out of my head.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2010