How would you go about dealing with this situation??

My husband is mexican he's lived legally in this country for 21 yrs. His mom is absolutly gaga for him..seriously treats dh like he's 5 (makes me wanna puke) but that's beside the point..she lives in mexico his parents are divorced his mom always has his sister call and tell him she's sick and they need money this is an ongoing thing. My dh has tried explaining to his sister as well as mommy he don't have any money to send then they get all mad and bitch him out it's insane they don't understand why we are broke and have no money to send they think this is a rich country and we're rich no matter what dh tells them and I can understand why they think the us is a rich country but that don't mean the people are rich my hell!!! How can he kindly explain to them w/o hurting them he has responsiblities here as well and don't have all the money in the world to send them he has his own family???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• You can't. It's going to be mean and they're going to be mad no matter what if you don't send them money. Guess what who cares. If they need money tell them to get off their asses and find jobs, if that can't that sucks, that's life. You can't jeopardize your families future for theirs. You are on a fixed income and you would like to help them but can not. Just because this country is better off than Mexico doesn't mean that everyone is rich and even they are it's inappropriate for family members to constantly hit those that work hard for a living up for money. Make it a rule that you no longer lend or give money to people and inform his family of the new rule and hopefully they won't ask anymore. I'm sorry you're in this situation.
    Anonymous

• Compared to Mexico you are rich. Why don't you go for a visit?
    Anonymous

• anonymous 6:21 I have been but why should that have to mean we should have to send money to them all of the time especially if we don't have money either???
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2010