Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help i have no one to talk to....

ok so my boyfriend and i have a 4 year old together we live with my mom so he has a drinking problem so i have to keep his money hidden and not let him have it so already 3 times this past week he went out and "borrowed" money from his work and i had to give him money to replace it out of my money (he already used his money on out to eat and other things) he borrowed money and went with friends drinking he tells me to pick him up at 2am thats the time the place he works closes only to find out he left at 9pm and he don't come home for 2 days i don't know what to do i can't take it anymore wondering where he is if he is telling the truth where he has been what should i do i have all his stuff packed for when he does come back again for him to leave but i hate this i wish he would just stop but i know he isn't october will be 10 years we have been together I am 25 he has done this forever he will be good for 3 or 4 months then..

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (18)
  • Use punctuation! Sheesh!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • he will act like this for a month or so I don't even know if he will come home tonight or the next night he took his xbox with him this time so i think he went to pawn it i was gone to take the kids to bible school when i came back he was gone

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • Oh boy....I think you know what to do and you should just DO IT. Do you want to live like this forever? Not to mention it's a horrible example to your child. Kick his butt out and move on. Won't be easy but it's the best thing. Hang in there. You're grown up now, do the right thing. There could be a much better person waiting for you down the road....

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • dump his ass? i mean, if you have a child, he should be supporting you two instead of his habits. Sorry, but until he could fix that problem, he wouldn't be in my house, let alone around my child!

    Answer by matobe at 4:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2010


    Answer by lightbulbe at 4:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • boot him! you can do bad on your own

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • Choose between the baby baby and the man baby.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • you really just need to get away from him. get child support taken directly out of his check so he cant spend it. i'd say changing the locks may not be a bad idea if he has a key. there is no telling what he will do if he gets drunk.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • Get rid of him! I know it doesn't feel as simple as we make it sound, but it's the best thing for you and your child. It's not good for any child to watch their mom be a doormat and support some loser. Do yourself a favor and be a good example for your kid - put your foot down and send the guy on his way. He puts his drinking problem ahead of you & your child, and the only way he may ever grow up is by losing you and every thing good he has.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • He sounds like he has a serious problem. Perhaps it's best that you take his things to his parent's or a friend's house. That's not a good way to live.

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.