bright red blood in stool? (maybe TMI)

What could that be from? I just went to poop and noticed bright red blood on the butt of my underwear, almost as if I'd gotten my period without realizing it. But it's definitely not that. Then I pooped and there was blood in there, too. I'm a little freaked.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Health

• Hemmorhoid? Otherwise, you gotta get it checked. Hard poop? Constipated could do it too.
    Anonymous

• If it's red then that means it's fresh. It's got to be a tear or hemmorhoid. Otherwise, have you eaten anything that has a lot of food coloring in it. There are some things that the body cannot digest and some food colorings are one of them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Either a tear from hard stool and being constipated, hemorrhoids or a lower GI bleed. If you have pain in the lower end of your stomach or more blood, I would get seen asap..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Good news??? usually bright red blood is from some injury to the anus, hem,,anal sex,, even a thong can do it,, if you stoold are very dark as well you need a doctor's appointment,, but my guess is hemmoroihds,, I hope I spelled it right,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• haha no anal sex here, kimigog. Or thongs either.
    I thought hemorrhoids, too, but don't those hurt? Or burn or something?
    Anonymous

• Not always,, I think if it happens again you should see your doctor--TMI--but this can also happen when you grunt too hard! Good luck1
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2010