Miss BLACK America pageants?

WTH. Ok. I'm officially tired of the double-standard.

http://www.missblackamerica.com/Index2b.html

How lame is this? Blah. They even have youth black pageants, teaching 9yo girls it's ok. How dare.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• http://www.missblackamerica.com/Index2b.html
    Anonymous

• It is a double standard, always will be.
    Anonymous

• Teaching black children that it is ok to be racist. Sad. If they made a white this or white that Al and Jesse would be all on it.
    Anonymous

• Miss America represents america...why does it have to be about race? In that case, they need a Miss MexicanAmerica, a MissPhillipinoAmerican, MissChineseAmerican.......
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• and a Miss WHITE America, Jademom07!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• its bad enough we have a black history month and no white history month...now this....
    Anonymous

• I left that one out because most believe that Miss America is white anyway since that is the dominant ethnicity here. Wasn't an oversight. Kinda like how there's a Black history month but not a White history month because 'whities get the other 11 months' way of thinking.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Can you imagine the outrage if there was a Miss White America pageant? Omg, there's be riots and picketers all over the place!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• and to think it's always the white people being racist!!! ugh disgusts me! It's the blacks, african americans, whatever they want to be called without me being racist keeping the racism alive!!!! I know my grandmother and her ancestors worked in the cotton fields along with them and they were WHITE!!!!!! Why isnt she begging for apologies from everyone for her and her ancestors tuff life? All these people dwelling on their ancestors hard lives need to get a LIFE! Get out and get a REAL job and get off wellfare! I dont feel like I owe you anything especially my taxes! Think about it, if your people would have protected their families way back when there would have never been slavery in America! They could have rebelled and kept the African people safe but I guess they were greedy themselves and sold their own people to the greedy white people... The "black" people bring it on themselves!
    Anonymous

• The Black America pageant is allowed under the executive order of Affirmative Action.
    Below is a link that will show you the pros and cons of Affirmative Action, but I would advise you to do further research on your own to find out why it was set into place to begin with and why it is still in existence today before you make a stand on the issue.
    Personally, I think it needs to be re-modified  to fit today's standards.  I do not believe that we should still compensate for past wrongs of our ancestors on certain minorities when other certain wrongs were never compensated at all.  That is only my opinion.

http://www.balancedpolitics.org/affirmative_action.htm  

PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2010