OMG really?

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/halloween/Halloween_ANS04.aspx

Ok you have to read this article. My friend who is also pagan sent it to me. WE laughed so hard. It is unbelievable the mindset of some. That is right...paganism is growing and it scares the heck out of some. Oh well..things change

WonderWoman1979

Asked by WonderWoman1979 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• want to know what YOU think
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• meh
    Anonymous

• whatev...
    Anonymous

• its silly. Blaming Harry Potter and all that crap. I mean seriously...who cares? You have a right to your belief but we don't?
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• The immaturity, arrogance & ignorance of some people will never cease to amaze!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• He lost me when he called Harry Potter a 'horror story.' Hmmmm... wonder what he thought of Texas Chainsaw Massacre of Dawn of the Dead?

I think that many people are uncomfortable getting outside their own sphere and thus don't learn anything about other beliefs and thus find them threatening. My kids' schools have a Halloween party AND a Christmas concert- I'm neither Pagan nor Christian and I'm fine with both. I think it's good for the kids to have fun and be exposed to other beliefs. Right now it's just costumes and tree decorating, but as they get older if they want to explore the roots of those traditions, I'm fine with that.

I also find it curious that the people who write these kinds of articles are so opposed to including any undercurrents of religion in public- unless it's theirs. Then they think we should have more of it. Can't have it both ways!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• D'oh... Texas Chainsaw Massacre OR Dawn of the Dead... though if someone decided to combine the two, I would probably go and see it! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• hahaha Freela! That would be nuts. I just find it amusing really.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• LMMFAO!

Now, if you added some awesome gore, and a plot line that was not designed to captivate a 9 year old... Harry potter could have been effing fantastic!
    Guess I'm on the wrong side of the fence.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• ohhh goodness... LMBO! *shakes head* If you don't understand it, insult it...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 10:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2010