Should I let her use my laptop?

Me and my sister live together. I have a laptop, she was renting one but couldn't afford the payments. I really don't want her using mine bc she's the type that once you let her do something she goes overboard. I'm afraid she would be on it all the time and throw a fit if I wanted to use it. Especially if what she was doing was more important. But everyday she makes a big deal about having to go look for jobs and check her email at the library. Oh and she does have mobile web.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't. She has 2 legs and can get to the library. She is just worried about convienience.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• my brother is the same way but hes not as bad as i thought he would be i say why not if shes ur sister wldnt u want to use hers if it was the other way around?
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I wont even let my husband use my lap top. Its not such a bad thing to get out of the house to look for jobs and go to the library to get online. And if she can get internet on her phone why would she need to use your laptop? Just my thinking on the whole thing. Me persionaly I wouldnt let her.
    Anonymous

• nope, she needs to rely more on herself than others. she's just trying to make you feel guilty bc you have more than she does.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Sounds like you already have your mind made up.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• If you're uncomfortable with it, then... no, I wouldn't let her use it. She has mobile web, I use the internet on my phone, and yes, sometimes it can be a pain in the ass, but it was a lifesaver when we didn't have internet for a little while. She should make do with what she's got.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• If she is like you said she is and she has mobile web, do not let her use your laptop. Tell her to go buy her own. Some are pretty cheep now days.

Answer by louise2 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• no don't let her use it. She needs to figure out responsibility on her own, which includes being able to fund her own lap top. She has mobile web..let her use that...maybe if she got rid of the internet service on her phone she could have afforded the laptop payments
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 5:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I can't use my SO's laptop and I can't use my Mom's laptop and I can't use my sister's laptop. We are all tied into our own personal computers. We don't use another persons computer. I would say NO but that is my opinion. BTW I don't let my sister use anything that belongs to me because it will never return in the condition that it was lent in.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't. I let my sister use mine while she was visiting me and she looked through my bookmarks, got my password for email and facebook and everything, and hacked half of my accounts. She posted stuff about poop and other immature crap and read private emails then spread information (stuff about me and confidences from friends) from those emails around. That was almost 2 years ago and she hasn't spoken to me since because she read an exchange between me and a friend where I complained about her behavior (leaving open vodka cocktails within reach of my toddler, topless sunbathing and alcohol drinking by our condo pool, and other things) and she took offense. If I'd never let her use it she would have been cranky at the time but I'd have a sister now instead of a creeper who was still stalking me on public boards last I heard although she can't access my email or facebook now.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2010