night terrors?

my ds is almost 3 months old and last night he just started screaming in the middle of the night. i picked him up and checked him for any bites or anything and he was fine. it took a few minutes to calm him down, but the weird thing is, he was still asleep. he never woke up through the whole incident. this has happened one other time, about a month ago. any ideas? i read a website that suggested night terrors, but can babies that young really dream?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hey there!

I actually just posted a question very similar to yours. If you check out my profile and go to my questions you can see it. I've been going through something very similar with my 6 month old and its been happening for the past couple of months. Its scary and when she cries her eyes are closed and it takes her a few minutes to calm down. After wards she goes into a light sleep. I know people will say its teething or gas but I know her cries better than anybody and i've heard her cry like that before only when something or someone scares her. I know she is frightened and I've just been so puzzled by the thought of a baby having nightmares. I don't know if you're religious but honestly what I do when this happens is pray and hold her until she calms down.
    kittymom83

Answer by kittymom83 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My son went through that. All you can do is just let it ride out. Just make sure that you go in there and check on him. Always make sure you touch them. It helps them calm down knowing that there is contact and someone is there.
    Anonymous

• Yes they can and this was happening to my daughter for about a month. Honestly you have to ride it out. I hate sayi9ng it, but it is true. There is one thing... does this happen EVERY time he sleeps? If so that is night terrors, otherwise it is just nightmares.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 5:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• He has GAS! Go to the drug store & buy MYLICON. It is for babies with gas. Use as directed on the label. It's excellent. I used it for my DS.

Anonymous

• my dd had them. No fun but just hold and rock till they are thru it... Hugs((()))
    Anonymous