what is hand, foot, mouth???

My oldest had hand,foot,mouth last yr.. my youngest had it 2 wks ago.. I kno its blisters on the hands, feet, and inside the mouth.. I kno they dont have meds for it. it has too run its course.. I just want to kno what it really is...

lauren07

Asked by lauren07 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• It's called cocksakie virus, or something like that. It can cause a fever too. Each of my kids have had it, and our pedi recommended tylenol and popsicles.
    I do remember looking it up befoire and hand foot & mouth disease has nothing to to with hoof & mouth, lol.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• It's just a virus that comes out as small red bumps on the hands and feet, and as blisters in the mouth. My daughter just got over it about a week ago. Dr said tylenol and liquids. No meds.
    mummiof3kiddos

Answer by mummiof3kiddos at 11:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• It is a virus. Both of my kids had it last year. DD had a fever of 105. Both kids had ulcers (open sores) in their throats that were very painful. Older kids often get sores on their hands, feet, and mouths, but you don't see those so much in the really little ones. It is a nasty sickness. My poor little ones were miserable.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• ROFL at raybird's answer! I remember telling my mom what the kids had, and she was like, "they have what?" She thought I was saying they had hoof and mouth.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• It is much more common in boys than girls. Sadly it does have to run its course...and it is highly contagious! It is a virus that is common in the preschool set.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/enterovirus/hfhf.htm
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2010