is three months old too young

for a walker or excesaucer? my DD loves to sit up straight and holds her head and neck up great. I cant remember how young my older daughter was when we started using these things

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you put her in it and she seems too frustrated, or gets really tired of sitting up, you can always take her out. Go ahead and try it. SOme babies are ready for it earlier than others, and only you can really decide for your baby.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• In my opinion, yes.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• i agree with raybird. try it and see if she likes it or not.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• When I put my daughter in one, I propped her with blankets to give her a little more support when she was little.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• no, my dd was the same way and we used a walker. We put a pillow under it (between the wheels, not under the wheels) so she could feel like she was touching the ground. She just had her 6 month check up and her doc said he was VERY impressed with how well she sits up.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Walkers arent recommended by the aap and are banned in some places and they are trying to ban them here. They can slow the walking process and cause toe walking. Not to mention the fact that they are a hazard. But to answer the question, no. If baby can hold thier head up it should be fine. Just watch for signs that thier back or neck are fatigueing.
    Anonymous

• OP here...i tried the walker. she loves it and i mean smiled away the whole time. She so opposite from my older dd who was a very "lazy baby" lol she sat in it for a while and actually cried when i took her out. i had it on the lowest notch and her feet touch flat to the ground. idk i guess we'll see. thank you ladies :)
    Anonymous

• My baby was in tht at tht age. I did the prop up with blankets but she loved it...
    Anonymous

• as long as she's strong enough, it's great. I'm personally not a fan of walkers, I like my dd to be where I put her if I have to leave the room and come back (yeah, I know, that won't last long lol)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• LOL well i know she wont be walking anytime soon so im not too worried about her taking off on me...i plan on taking the excesaucer out but i have to un-bury it and clean it so the walker is substituting for now
    Anonymous