pretty sure I'm having a miscarriage

I started spotting brown on Saturday, then dark red yesterday night. I called the on-call doc and was told to make an appointment when my docs office opened today unless i started to cramp. I made an appointment for an ultrasound tomorrow and I had some blood work done today. After the blood work, I noticed that the blood is red with rice-size, blackish/dark red clots, but still no cramping. Any thoughts? I won't know anything until tomorrow and I'm going kind of crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I found out during an ultrasound that the baby was no longer there... then 4 days later... I had the exact thing happen to me as you are describing... I had a MC and the bleeding got worse and was very heavy, very clotty and bad cramping. Good luck dear.
    SupriseImPregy

Answer by SupriseImPregy at 6:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• OP here, BTW, I'm about 7 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry you're dealing with the worry and waiting. I hope you are not losing the baby, but only time will tell. Hugs!
    Anonymous

• Call you dr & ask what to do? I've had friends who were told to rest and put their feet up, but also that they can't control the outcome. Take it easy until tomorrow, do as little as possible. Think positive. Maybe you aren't. Post again when you know. We'll be here.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• OP here. They told me - no heavy lifting, take it easy, no sex...
    Anonymous

• i had a mc at 9 weeks and i didnt cramp at all, and i only had a few small clots.... i am pregnant now and i have been bleeding red and brown blood the whole time (i am 17 weeks), the doc always check and everything is fine....
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 6:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I had a miscarriage a year and a half ago but I have bled with this pregnancy up until I was 5 months. Good luck. I don't know what to tell you. I hate the waiting game, it will drive you nuts!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Oh, I had actually told my husband, with this pregnancy, when I was bleeding so bad to prepare to hear "those words" again because I was bleeding so bad and I was passing alot of tissue. But I am 35 weeks now. I hope you aren't miscarrying. It's heartbreaking. If you have had sex lately then that could contribute to the bleeding, or that's what did it for me.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Thanks for the input ladies. Unfortunately, i got tha bad news this morning!
    Anonymous