What do hCG levels mean

I just found out last Tuesday I am pregnant and the next day I started spotting really lightly, I ended up going to the hospital and they told me that my hCG levels are really low. They gave me an ultrasound and said they couldn't see anything yet,but that could just mean it is too early. I had to return Friday for yet another blood test to check my levels and the first test said my hCG was 240 and on friday it was only 265. Well now the spot turned into bleeding and the doc sent me for more blood work today, but no results just yet...so my question is...is there any other reason for low hCG levels and bleeding other then miscarriage?

kodyayden

Asked by kodyayden at 6:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm going through something similiar. See my post "pretty sure I'm having a miscarriage". The fact that the level increased is great! That means you're still pregnant. The Hcg is the pregnancy hormone.
    Anonymous

• Your HcG should be doubling to be honest..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2010