what are you so anal about you'd never seek help, you'd do it yourself no matter how sick/tired/etc?

me: laying out the kids clothes for the day, dishes, packing for a trip or long car ride.

I don't trust my husband w/ dishes 'cuz he never double checks the bottle of cups and stuff before he puts them away. "Quality control" is an issue.

Packing for trips he brings basics but forgets important things. For example you're taking your daughter to the zoo for the 1st time. A camera might be nice??

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh good question!! I agree about packing for a trip. It seems like my DH always forgets things, so I have to do it. No questions asked, I will get up and pack for whatever occasion it is.
    Making the bed is another one. If it's actually going to get made, make it right! smooth out the sheets, tuck in the corners, arrange the pillows. Don't think that throwing the comforter on top looks nice!! LOL :)
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 6:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• i would let my dh help with things..i could trust him but that doesnt mean i would call and nag him to see if he has done it or double check his work.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Hehe... the dishes. No one in this house can load the dishwasher correctly, and many times things get put where they don't belong, or stacked the wrong way. Hm... laundry too. Things get folded a certain way and get put in certain places... I'm a tad OCD and no one can do it like me. :)
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Oh, wait... putting groceries away... putting the kids clothes out, the list goes ON!!!
    MunchiesMom324

• woudnt*
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• My husband is the super anal one. He doesnt want me to steam clean the carpets, he used to come behind me and clean the counters, i'm not allowed to mow the grass, his socks can't be folded (he has to have them a certain way) ..i didnt know you could fold socks more than one way. He wants to sort through the bills. I don't care..makes my life easier.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Loading the dishwasher is a big one. I periodically try to get my hubby to put his dirty dishes in, even made one of those clean/dirty magnets for the front of it, but he always puts it in wrong. He can't understand why I sort the silverware before putting it in (means I can take it out by the handful and just put it in the utensil tray) and he has no idea how much you can actually fit in. The couple of times he's actually run a load I've had to bite my tongue because there's room for another couple of dozen items in there.

It's all good though because he knows taking care of the house is my job so the only time he does any housework at all is when I'm sick for more than a day and that has hardly ever happened.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I do all the packing. Hubby just does his personal stuff but I pack clothes etc. I don't mind, I'm actually quite used to it.
    I also make the bed nicer but I never complain, at least he tries.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Nothing. I'm just not THAT particular about anything, and dh is able to do most things right.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2010