Why is it considered appropriate?

For a woman to force responsibility onto her SO for a chore/yard work, because she does not feel like doing it?

Is that not what we fought for, equality?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 6:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I guess the only things that I don't do in this house is wire the electricity, mud and sand the drywall, work on his stuff in the garage, or change the brakes and rotors on the vehicle. He pretty much does that.

I do the majority of the cooking.

The last time the lawn got mowed, we did it together, he did the back and I did the front.
    We are a team and we work great together. We always have!!
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 10:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Maybe she doesn't feel like it because she does 99.9% of everything else around the house!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Well, when the woman does just about everything else, the least the SO could do is mow the lawn.
    Anonymous

• Well, why shouldn't a guy do something for their wife? Why does it always have to be the woman doing the chores?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• How so? If you're not working, it IS your responsibility to carry your weight.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• These things should be discussed before moving in together. My dd refuses to do dishes. She told her bf that before they moved in. So that way he knew and agreed to it. They worked out who was to do what so nothing was forced on anyone. It's called respect.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• If others husbands are like mine then they are very over protective of their precious mower and don't want their wifeys touching them effing them up.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• My DH does things my choice... His choice is simple - He can do it or I can pay someone... I don't do yard work... But he's by no means forced... I don't know how anyone could be...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I don't force anything on him. He knows where I stand when it comes to specific chores. I CANNOT mow the lawn and I will NOT clean the litter box unless absolutely necessary. We know where we stand. I do 75-80% of everything else. There should always be a division of responsibility.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Do you think also that it is not a man's responsibility to help with the kids too? Or is that a SAHM's responsibility too?The only thing my husband does is mow and garbage. i don't feel I'm asking too much!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2010