Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

someone called on me

someone called child services on me saying I only nurse my son once in a while and for only 5 mins at a time which is crazy. they said he has only gained 5 pounds since he was born ( my son is 6 months and weighis 17 lbs) they said I only give him sweet tea which I don't but the case worker wants me to put him on formula instead of breast feeding, I think that is wrong that they are gonna try to tell me how I can feed my kids. Sorry just needed to vent a little

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (16)
  • Im sorry...some people are busy body bitches

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • As long as your pedi says your son is growing well on your milk,f*** the CPS woman! They can't make you formula feed!

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • never heard of that before!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • WOW...... someone you know very well sold you out to CPS. That is a lot of very specific and odd info..... way too much for a neighbor or casual friend. That means either a close friend or family member is trying to stab u in the back. I'd move heaven and earth to find out who, so u can cut them out of your life.


    Answer by hibbingmom at 6:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • you should get a nonbiased ped to look at your baby for the first time, and have them confirm his weight gain and health. that's just absurd, no one should tell you how to feed your kids unless they are being starved, which it doesn't sound like yours is!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • We have narrowed it down to 2 possible people. And one is SO's aunt the other would be his mother. She can't stand me at all, but that don't matter. she under minds anything I say regarding my son. ( I have 2 other children with my x) Any way's I do plan to cute who ever it was out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • Go to Legal Aid and get an attorney. They can't make you stop breastfeeding unless you are ingesting something harmful to the child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • No way would I stop bf'ing because someone told me to! If baby is thriving and a pediatrician can back that up, then you have nothing to worry about. I hope you don't stop because you feel you must and I hope you find out who called CPS!! That is just crazy!

    Answer by all4mymarine at 6:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • If found truth in all of tht then ya they can make you I guess but if there is no truth then you continue to BF'

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

  • They can not force you to formula feed. If your child's doctor has no issues about his health then there is no way CPS can prove you are not taking care of your son.

    Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.