My future MIL is going to ruin my wedding

Not only my wedding but my life ! & I need adivce on how to get over this.

I hate her so much, my fiance is telling me I am crazy because she has done nothing bad to me, but I know she talks about me to the rest of her family because none of them like me. He called off our wedding ( but we got back together the next day) and I KNOW it is because they made him do it. All the women in his family are miss piggy look-alikes who have nothing better to do than talk about why he "deserves better than me" ... and I am tired of no one taking my side over it.... I even heard that when he broke up with me his dad did a "happy dance" ...How freaking immature is that !?!?!

I love my fiance with all of my heart and he is so good to my kids when I have them with me, I do not want to lose him but his ignorant ass family is making it hard !!

I need some advice on how to deal with these assholes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well you sound pretty immature and rude your self, maybe that is why they dont like you...

when you marry a man you also marry his family, so if you cant see yourself working through this, then better cut ties now.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like they really don't like you. I know that this would be really uncomfortable but you need to all sit down and talk. We all really hated my brother in laws g/f and my MIL was so happy when they broke up, we all were. She was bitchy and controlling. I'm not saying you are but there is something that you are doing that they don't like.
    Anonymous

• Record phone conversations with his mother - eventually she will say some awful thing to you that you can use to show your fiance what is truly happening. Then tell him how much she and the rest of his family hurts you. If he won't stand up for you, he may not be worth keeping.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I had a rocky start to my relationship with my mil. Eventually my husband saw some of the mean spirited things she did and took my side. I think if he truly loves you he would show you respect and tell his family to support the marriage. If he can't do that rethink spending your life with him. You say everyone hates you but your fiance doesn't see it. What reasons do they have to hate you? Could it be they aren't happy with the "marriage" part yet? Try just living together and see how things go.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• This is an example of what life will be like. Maybe you should reconsider

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• i wouldnt WANT to marry someone whose family didnt accept me...I know you want to marry him and not his family but can i ask you why you would want to go through that hell? Wouldnt you rather be happy with someone whose family accepts you and loves you and your kids
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• My sister has a MIL like your fiance's. She talks badly about all her daughters in law and treats them like crap. My sister has done everything to maintain a friendly relationship with her - including cleaning her house, cooking, etc. and still, she talks crap about my sister. When it became apparent that this woman was never going to treat her well, she cut ties with the woman. Her husband is military, so luckily, they moved away from the mean old witch. She only goes with her husband and their children to visit once a year and does not speak to her unless she is spoken to. There are people in this life who will never like you no matter what you do, so if you have to be around them, just keep some distance. That's all you can do.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• When you get married you are MARRYING HIS FAMILY TOO! Either deal with it or DONT marry him. IT will never get better. Before you make this commitment you better think twice. If his family lookslike little miss piggies, your child with him may look the same. Blood is thicker than water honey, he will always LOVE his Mother! Get over it or move on fast!
    Anonymous

• If I were you do not marry him..My sister lives in hell everyday with her mil. She has now been married for 10 years. She said if she knew how bad it would be she would have never married him. Till this day, his mommy still comes first and the hell with his wife and kids.. Even my husband agrees that this is not normal. This mil ask me what I was doing in the house, I told her I was here taking care of the baby. My mother will no longer talk to her anymore, because of what she is doing to my sister. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not do it. All the signs are there. He will side with mommy no matter what.
    Anonymous

• Read the book "Toxic In-laws."
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 6:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2010