How soon is too soon after leaving your soon to be exhusband to start dating just for fun?

We split up once. I stupidly got back together with him. I have been ready to leave him for a few months now. It was just getting things in order to leave him. Its not like I need to get over him as much as someone who just had their heart broken by someone. Although he did break my heart and yes I do have issues to work through. I dont want a serious relationship. I am more hoping to maybe make a few friends in the process.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are ready, I see no reason for anyone else's time limit to hold you back...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I don't think there's a set "time" on when you can go out and date. If you're ready, then you're ready.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2010

• You're very smart for knowing you don't want a serious relationship yet. VERY smart. So h*ll yes go out have fun. You have a good head on your shoulders.

As long as you still work on you, and you don't take on more than you can handle, then yes go out date for fun. My only advice would be not to introduce too many men or any men to your children unless it's to become serious.

Anonymous

• As long as you have definetly decided to split, notified him of the split and are working on getting divorced, with no possible way of reconciling things, I think its fine to date. I started dating a few weeks after filing divorce papers.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's appropriate to start dating until the divorce is absolutely final. Like it or not, you're still technically a married woman until then.
    Anonymous

• i would perosnally say that any time BEFORE the divorce is finalized is too soon, otherwise you are still married and bound by the committment. i would get clear and free and work onyourself first.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Well, according to my lawyer, you CAN date while you are in the divorce process. I would think it depends on your individual situation and the fact that you should remain reasonable and sensible about any dating you do if the divorce is not final. Meaning, don't parade it around in front of the ex, your child and don't introduce anyone to your child.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2010